Happy Chooks

Staff member
Premium member
10 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
Nope, zero chance it's a pullet. The saddle feathers are there, they are a whitish yellow at the base of the tail - only roosters get those feathers.

Mrspris2u2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Illinois
still no cooc-cooo-dooing but my husband keeps teasing me telling me hes trying to get the females or listen hes crowing grrrr

Mrspris2u2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Illinois
This is my first attempt of having chickens and i feel so awful already i first bought 6 (1) was a rooster so i gave it to a local farm and she sold me 2 that she thought would be females of her own they were about 4 weeks younger then mine. if i give him back will she ever be ok i mean part of the group? Just afraid the others wont let her lay her eggs a few are bit mean still to them both. :(

Mrspris2u2

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 20, 2012
Illinois
Correction ... He was crowing this morning :( I did take him back to we're I bought him which is a huge farm he was very happy when I finally said my good bye

RoyalPayne

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 27, 2012
Does no one else see a light brahma cross? The size is a clue, I've 3 light brahma pullets, and they are almost the size of my 4 yr reds, and the brahmas are only 10 weeks old. The neck feathers are worriesome, but the tails look exactly the same as my brahmas. I also have Americanas that have the same neck feathers, color and lay. My brahmas are more mottled than this bird, however, I had a 'free' bird in one of my hatches that carried the same color as her roo brother, and she was 4 months old.

Latest posts

Top Bottom