Have things been busier then normal?

Pics

Lmatt

Chirping
Mar 26, 2020
Hello from Idaho! This pandemic was the push I needed to finally start raising my own chickens šŸ˜‚. I was going to build our family a new house out of town a few years ago, but my career path changed and we ended up buying a house in town. My parents have a place out of town and my mom is now down to two old hens. So she welcomed me to buy some chickens and use her coop. I am planning on building a new coop and she is all for that as well. I have been spending countless hours researching breeds, coop designs, food, medications, brooder supplies, etc. My family keeps giving me a hard time for not ordering the chicks, but I want to have everything I need before I place my order. I assume with all the craziness going on there are countless people buying there own chickens now.

Hello from Idaho! This pandemic was the push I needed to finally start raising my own chickens šŸ˜‚. I was going to build our family a new house out of town a few years ago, but my career path changed and we ended up buying a house in town. My parents have a place out of town and my mom is now down to two old hens. So she welcomed me to buy some chickens and use her coop. I am planning on building a new coop and she is all for that as well. I have been spending countless hours researching breeds, coop designs, food, medications, brooder supplies, etc. My family keeps giving me a hard time for not ordering the chicks, but I want to have everything I need before I place my order. I assume with all the craziness going on there are countless people buying there own chickens now.
Hello and welcome to the forums. Thats a great start, keep up the good work and I hope that we can hear from you soon. :D

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! šŸ”

Feel free to drop in and share your flock

Updates for 2020 with us here in my 2020 flock life thread

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/2020-flock-life.1351080/

50879AC5-CB35-48C4-A6AB-459A611D2169.jpeg

Itā€™s nice to meet you!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm sure there are a bunch of nuts buying up all the chickens. You may want to place your order for chicks and just select it for several weeks out. That will give you more time to prepare.
And no matter the pressure your family is putting on you to get chicks NOW you are doing the right thing by everyone in doing your research and properly preparing before bringing new lives into yours.

Back
Top Bottom