Have to get rid of my flock

TTreno

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2018
imlay city Michigan, have 14 chickens and they all have to go.
They are free to good home.
I have 14 chickens that need to go to a good home. They're kept inside a barn at night and have a run for during the day. 2 are roosters and only 3 hens are laying eggs so far. Getting 5 to 6 eggs a day right now. None have wings clipped, none of them are aggressive towards people.

Attachments

• 2018-08-24_11.10.38.jpg
    2018-08-24_11.10.38.jpg
    898.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2018-08-24_11.07.41.jpg
    2018-08-24_11.07.41.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 2018-08-24_10.56.17.jpg
    2018-08-24_10.56.17.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 13
If you're getting 5-6 eggs per day, then 5 or 6 of your hens are laying. More may be laying but laying only every couple of days depending on the breed.
:thumbsup
Well I feel like an idiot ..lol thank you, I did not know they only laid one day.
Good to know LOL
I only took over cuz my nephew was neglecting them and we had a coon problem that needed addressed.
I'm learning!

Well I feel like an idiot ..lol thank you, I did not know they only laid one day.
Good to know LOL
I only took over cuz my nephew was neglecting them and we had a coon problem that needed addressed.
I'm learning!
We all started off without knowledge of chickens, and we are all still learning everyday.
It's a shame they have to go. Will they let you keep the hens if the Roosters go? Chickens can not only give you free breakfast, but watching Chicken TV is very therapeutic.

Last edited:
We all started off without knowledge of chickens, and we are all still learning everyday.
It's a shame they have to go. Will they let you keep the hens if the Roosters go? Chickens can not only give you free breakfast, but watching Chicken TV is very therapeutic.
I have a neck injury thats causing my hands to go numb, I just cannot do it anymore. I was going to just keep a few hens, but then it's like if I'm gonna keep them, I'm keeping them all.
I may have found someone to take them who is not gonna eat them, that's what I'm trying to accomplish.

I think I know how you feel. I broke my neck and back in 4 places a few years ago and now my left arm and hand are completely numb plus I have one of a helluva time swallowing. Since there are several muscles paralyzed that are responsible for swallowing, I have to wash each bite of food down with copious amounts of water to keep from choking. And even as much as it hurts to take care of my birds, it keeps me a little more limber than if I just sat around like a broody. ChickenTV is good mental therapy but taking care of chickens is good physical therapy as long as you're still able to keep up with them.
I hope everything works out for the best for you, our prayers are with you.
:love

I think I know how you feel. I broke my neck and back in 4 places a few years ago and now my left arm and hand are completely numb plus I have one of a helluva time swallowing. Since there are several muscles paralyzed that are responsible for swallowing, I have to wash each bite of food down with copious amounts of water to keep from choking. And even as much as it hurts to take care of my birds, it keeps me a little more limber than if I just sat around like a broody. ChickenTV is good mental therapy but taking care of chickens is good physical therapy as long as you're still able to keep up with them.
I hope everything works out for the best for you, our prayers are with you.
:love
My neck was/is broken as well, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!
As far as physical therapy taking care of the chickens; I agree. My issues are winter and besides my pain in the winter, the coop is not prepared to keep them warm, so as the cold weather creeps in I better figure something out.
Thank you for your kind words. I will good health to you

Back
Top Bottom