Have to move my birds- going well so far :)

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
So I haven't been on much but that's because I have been in my own hell.

For a few years the town looked the other way while I raised my chooks. Since my neighbors did not mind I was told to stay off the radar.

Well a few weeks ago I got into an argument with the guy who turns on my sprinkler. He was over 3 hours late (after a 5 hour time window) and very rude. Normally I like the company he works for but this guy was just too much. During the argument he saw my extra very loud roos in the garage where the sprinkler system box is kept. in the argument when I asked him to leave he yelled that he was calling the cops on my birds. My heart sank I should have let him be nasty.

So now I have to move them. The town which is VERY good to me gave me all the time I needed.

So now Cosandy is gracious enough to let me put a shed and runs on her back acre and I am dumping over $2300 to make everything happen asap.

I guess I could have sold my flocks but I hope to move to a farm this year and did not want to get rid of my breeders as I have worked so hard on them.

I am going to retain a small lav flock and Marty and a few girls as I can not live with out them here. I am working closely with the lavs and need to be able to see who is laying what, and Marty, well my ds loves him and he has already lost so much in his short life that I will not take Marty away from him. Luckily I feel confident with 95% of my chickens being in the new home that I will be able to keep marty and the few that will remain undetected.

Again my neighbors did not complain at all, in fact they all offered to help me fight it, but there is no way to win so I wont even try.

I am so tired from all the phone calls, disassembling, and preparing to move. Of course this is the same time that pre-school ends, and my court stuff is going on....

As far as my ducks, quail and pea fowl, well they get to stay a they are not considered live stock but domestic game and I am licensed for that.

So that is the reason I am not around much, hopefully everyone will be moved to their new home by Wed of next week. Then rather than waking up and taking care of my birds I will have to drive a 1/2 hour to see them. Oh well I guess it could be worse.

Last edited:
so sorry for your problem did you call the company he should have never talked to a customer that way I would lodge a complaint. no one should ever be allowed to be nasty to someone. Good luck with your chickens I will say a prayer so that maybe you can get out to a farm soon. and all will be okay good luck.

So sorry you are having to deal with that nightmare issue. I assume you appealed it, etc?

I really hope you called the sprinkler company's head honcho and told him what had transpired.The guy was late, rude and reported you. Not really good customer service!

no I cant appeal it as I am in the wrong and know it. I am right out NYC in the burbs and even though the city allows unlimited hens where I live does not.

If I was to even try fighting this my FIL and MIl would go after me so fast it would make my head spin and I cant afford more lawyers.

I do plan on calling the sprinkler company owner but wanted to get this taken care of first and am afraid of starting any more trouble as I intend to illegally keep Marty and a few others.

It just kills me cause it was so unnessisarry what did he gain from it, he was in the wrong and HE KNOWS it but hety why not kick a girl when she is already clearly down.
somad.gif

Uh oh, I see now. Inlaws can be a real pain. I didn't get good ones until my third try!
big_smile.png

Best of luck and good fortune to you!

Quote:
Not only would I call and complain about the guy being late, rude and threatening me (you), I would fire the company - making sure they knew that the "gentleman" was the reason.

Wish I could help you, darn distance.
roll.png

Quote:
Not only would I call and complain about the guy being late, rude and threatening me (you), I would fire the company - making sure they knew that the "gentleman" was the reason.

Wish I could help you, darn distance.
roll.png

oh I did fire the company that day when I threw him off the property.

thanks, I actually am luck cause I have a place to put them. its just the hassle of it all and the cost...

Last edited:
I am sorry for the hard time your having. Happy that you have a place for for your chickens for now. Hang in there and keep visulizing that great new farm you are hoping to move to soon. I have faith it is going to work out
hugs.gif

So I brought up wateres and feeders and one of my small coops today along with 2x3's and hardware cloth. The site I must say is perfect Thank you so much Melina. The shed arrives tomorrow and hopefully all will be moved in by wed.

Not a bad drive a little longer than I thought 35 minutes but totally do-able
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom