Have To Say Goodbye!

RIVERA69R

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
VENICE FL
I found a home for my 5 month old rooster whos original name was flo but now is floyd he was my favorite one out of the bunch but realizing its a rooster he has to go I cant have roosters in town so the feed store I go to is taking him they have a bunch of chickens and pigs and goats so hopefully hell be happy there I just hope he doesnt get thrown in with all the others and get beat up I am worried about that dont want to get rid of him but no choice I guess its sad
sad.png
hit.gif
frow.gif

11644_jul09158.jpg

I know how you feel my Moses was a dear and followed me all over but he has made a lonely man happy he now
follows him all over and sits on his tractor as he plows. and now he has a few girls and is happy as a lark.. but he did not like his brother. haha

What a very handsome fellow he is, I'm sorry you had to part with him, you must be very sad about that, but hopefully he will be happy at his new home! Maybe you can go see how he's getting along sometime!
big_smile.png

I'm so sorry! I'm looking to relocate a few roo's too, but I can't help getting a sick feeling in the pit of my gut when someone calls about them!

What a handsome fella. I'm sorry you had to get rid of him. I went through a similar experience and had to rehome my roo a week ago. He was 12 weeks old and quickly becoming a master at crowing! I cried for days. It just ripped my heart out. The only way I've been able to get through it is to look on the positive side, at least he's not going to be a potpie, plus I keep reassuring myself that he is going to be alright. Its so hard to get rid of them because they are so easy to love. Sending you a
hugs.gif

He was pretty.

With kids taking care of the chickens I hope I have ANY when I get back.

They had 115 yesterday with a huge DUST storm.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the pool.

I had two roos that I had to get trid of about a months ago now. We couldn't have roos either. They were the sweatest things. My daughter named them Slide and Leaf.
gig.gif
I know. They went to a lady that has a bunch of hens and a couple roosters. She said she had the room and would take good care of them. I dropped them off and she put them in her pen with the rest and there were a couple of fights real quick but it only lasted for a few minutes or so. They had there pecking order figured out real quick. The lady said they are the friendliest roos she has had and they are her favorite now.

It was real sad and my kids were upset then the lady said they could come by and visit anytime. Hopefully you find a great home for them.

Maybe they will allow you to help with integration (or at least advise on integration if all they were going to do was add him to the mix and see what happens) so Floyd doesn't take a beating - I would need that assurance, were it me. If they are nice, they shouldn't mind your on site visits at least in the beginning, in the name of helping to get things to run smoothly, and you could invite them to contact you if things are not going well for Floyd there. It might not be a bad idea for all the bird's water to have Rescue Remedy in it for the first week at least.
JJ

Back
Top Bottom