Have you ever had a nice rooster?

Pics
We have a nice white Rooster, a barn mix-mutt. His comb falls over his right eye, so we named him Elvis. I respect him, and never push him around or handle him.

I make sure any visitors (especially children), never chase or challenge him. In return, he is a perfect gentleman to humans. He has never been aggressive to me, or to others. He is VERY attentive to his 11 hens.

When he hears me coming outdoors, he normally jumps up onto a railing and crows to me. I think he is fond of me in his own way. I respect him, and he respects me. If he ever threatened me, or a child, I would put a swift and strong end to the behavior, and consider more final steps if necessary. I won't tolerate dangerous animals.

I had a lovely roo, Tony (Antonio because he was just sooo handsome). Couldn' t touch him, but he was never aggressive towards me. He would come when called, and he always stayed with the hens when they were out foraging. In winter I liked to give them warm treats of cooked pasta, and he would deliver noodles to the hens who were lower in the pecking order. I respected his space and he was always a gentleman

Attachments

• 20180324_173804.jpg
    20180324_173804.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 7
I have one asshole rooster...care to guess which one? And one that cimes in the house n chills lol the others are inbetween

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0146.jpg
    IMAG0146.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMAG0142.jpg
    IMAG0142.jpg
    598.1 KB · Views: 9
20180324_173804.jpg
I had a lovely roo, Tony (Antonio because he was just sooo handsome). Couldn' t touch him, but he was never aggressive towards me. He would come when called, and he always stayed with the hens when they were out foraging. In winter I liked to give them warm treats of cooked pasta, and he would deliver noodles to the hens who were lower in the pecking order. I respected his space and he was always a gentleman

We had a HUGE Dominique who was exceedingly docile. Even with his 4inch spurs, we could pick him up any time. If he could have purred, he would have. We also have had a Brahma and some dark colored Asian thing who were easy. We had one Dominique who was skittish but not mean. There' a neighborhood feral rooster we would like to catch...not aggressive, just not catchable. We've never had a downright mean rooster, but if we did, there's always the InstantPot.

Back
Top Bottom