Have you ever loved your coop so much that when you moved, you dismantled it and took it with you?

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
My coop is illegal, in a hard to access area, but I designed the whole thing, and built 99.9% of it on my own. It is a testament of hard work, detemintation, creativity, and every other word to pat myself on the back, lol.

We plan on moving in a couple of years, but I'm almost frantic, thinking about leaving my first coop in the hands of people who will most likely let it go to disuse.

However, the idea of moving it....is probably a big fat no. Its not overly large, but it sure is in an awkward location.

I know, it means I make the next coop bigger, better, and permanent (the next place, I already said I wanted my chickens to be legal).

any pictures? I would probably take mine after all the hard hours spent on it and I have mine set in concrete posts.. like 20 or so of them!

You might need to find someone with a crane or Bobcat but, it could probably be moved. My parents have moved 3 large houses and a very large hip roof barn so, anything is possible.

Last edited:
I'm sure you could have it moved, you just have to decide how much you are willing to pay. We had to have our very large shed moved just from one side of the yard to the other when we put in our pool, and that cost us $500 to move it just about 100 feet, but I'd venture to say that once its on the truck besides a per mileage charge it probably wouldn't have been much more to move it further.

LOL, I doubt we will move it....we would have to knock down 2 fences, and deal with the woods and slope through a narrow back yard. I love the idea of moving it...but I cannot imagine the fiscal nature of it. I will love it and appreciate it for a couple more years...then design my roomier dream coop!

Back
Top Bottom