Have you ever named a chicken after someone you know?

our runty meatie is named after our cousin who is very small for his age. (HE named it, we did not.) i explained that just because he was smaller, didn't mean he wasn't mighty in his own right. Joe looked at me and said, "then I am naming him Little Joe!"

pretty cool!

When I got my first chicks (7 of them), I named the one that seemed to be the meanest one after my aunt Marie. She's kind of...well...mean. Anyway, they were all supposed to be pullets, but this one ended up being a cockerel, so we renamed him Maurice.

I named a chicken that my good friend hatched after her, but then decided to change the name. It just didn't fit her.
smile.png
Glad to know there are others that do this, too!

Nope . . . I try to avoid doubling up on names as much as possible. Some of my friends have been victims of my rampant nick names, but really, they were asking for it when they allowed their parents to name them the same thing as my previous friends
big_smile.png

Back in high school, when I first started dating my SO, my mother HATED him with every fiber of her being. For several years every ram destined for our dinner table was named after my SO. She took great joy in announcing she was ready to butcher Nick, especially when the human Nick was within earshot
lol.png

Now she adores my SO like her own son, and has named her new sheep dog Nick. My SO say he kinda misses seeing his namesake for supper . . . what a goof
roll.png

Yep, 2 of my roosters are named after my Grandpa's, Virgil and Sidney. Two hens named after friends that were teasing about getting chickens, Christy and Lisa. Oh also a showgirl pullet named Emmali Rachelle after my daughter Rachel and her friend Emily, because they think she is the ugliest chicken ever.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom