Have you ever seen a peacock that was really this color?

Hey, on the topic of photos, does anyone know where the pictures come from on the UPA facebook page?
There's one on there of our girl Chicken Girl with her baby Little Yellow.
Although it looks like my photos, I can't find that exact photo in my collection - I guess it might be my neighbor's photo but its uncredited.
Just wondering how our girl ended up there!!!!!!

Yeah the UPA facebook page uses photos from all over...They give credit to some of the photos, I am not sure if they gave credit when they used my photos...They used the photos I have showing close ups of a peahen's neck feathers and a peacock's neck feathers. I am not on facebook so I don't really see their page often, but yes they use lots of different peafowl photos. I don't care as much about them using my photos since I am a member and they used the photos just to show the feather difference, but I would like them to give me photo credit. Wait, I just checked they have at least four of my photos on their facebook all with no description or credit.
hmm.png
Also they are very small in size which is funny because all of my photos are large. Well I guess from now on any nice peafowl photo I take will get marked before I post it anywhere.

Only good photos are used! ...... Consolation prize ....! ;)
When you put a picture on the net ... then it has its own life!
I put this photo on a forum .... if someone wants to take it, the logo of the forum is over ... why not on backyardchikens ?

Last edited:
That is a good idea. Some sites do mark your photo for you. I like the ones that not only put the site name on it but also put your username on there. Daves garden does something like that.

I love that photo by the way that is a pretty green peahen.

I hate to say it, but when the website information is in the corner of the photo like that, someone could easily crop it out and still use your picture.
You are a lot better off with something like this:

It is very easy to add text over your image using "preview."
If you're not sure how to do this, let me know.

If I recall, any photo sent to the UPA gave them permission to use it. It would be nice to get acknowledgement for it. But,,, If it is out on the WWW it is up for grabs. I know different results have came from lawsuits over this action and most do not fight it.. It cost more than principles to get anything done... my thought on this ... connerhills

Beautiful hen Dany. We could always debate wether if those purples are real or shopped but they sure look hot. The guy selling on ebay must be doing something right. He has 100% feedback. I dont care if anyone uses my photos as long as there isnt deception involved. Here is some pics of one of my green boys head and neck.. Same bird no enhancements and pics shot on the same day. And even the same side of the pen even. Taken with a Iphone4. I took the pics cause folks were debating the purity of my green but mainly just everyone can see just in and out of the sun what a color difference you could get with the same bird with no special effort or trick photography.

The guy selling on ebay must be doing something right. He has 100% feedback.
Almost all his feedback is from the people he purchased from ,very few are comments on his product unless i am reading it wrong, i9 do not do e-bay nor would i unless i knew them very very well and that will never happen.

Back
Top Bottom