Have you ever seen an egg like this

So, I read a little on Lash and my hen is having Hormone issues. Do chickens die from this or do we know why they have these eggs?

When my chicken laid an egg like this I found out she had worms and mites. I gave the whole flock Ivermectin and it killed them all and she started laying normal eggs again.

Check your chickens weight and feel her breast area. If her breast bone is protruding then I would worm them.

I'm fairly new to chickens but I've become obsessed and I read any book I can find on them. I would recommend the pepper treatment to her food. It'll make her drink more water and if you gave her an electrolyte powder mixed with the water it should really perk her up. It may do nothing at all to help but it couldn't hurt since that egg doesn't look very hydrated to me.

Does anyone know if the "Lash" eggs are reocurring with in the same chicken and if there is anything I can do to balence her hormones other then surgery. Do I put her down or is there a treatment. I read the Articles Dwg sent and they are very informative but I'm still not sure if Speckles is doomed or just needs antibotics. Keep in mind this chicken was the one who had a fever and was sick a month ago she got antibiotics, pain killers and was dewormed and had diareah and all this time she has been eating, drinking, and walking around almost like the other girls just that her comb is pail and she is a little cranky. I guess I just keep an eye on her and take her to the Vet if she gets worse.

The Isa that I had started laying the lash eggs and they never got normal again. They weren't always lash style eggs. Many were just soft shell. Might be different with yours since she was on meds and was ill. I don't have any other answers for you. I guess just keep an eye on her. Sweet Pea acted normal while she laid her lash eggs. She did die of being egg bound, tho. My neighbor and I have not had luck with Isa's. While being the sweetest birds we had, we had recurring problems with them being egg bound.

My Chicken Speckles who laid the LASH egg and several smaller ones after her big wiered one, is having surgery tomorrow morning. She was doing well after she laid that big ugly thing and one of the Vets I talked to said it would take some time to reform to the point she would fill up with the Lash material again. So we thought about it and I called the Vet I used to work for and asked how much they would charge me to do a Chicken Hystorectomy (which will give her at least a 50% chance verses 0% chance. And if nothing else the Vetrinarians can use her as a learning experiance, so if she dies it would at least have benafited someone. So I will let you know what happens. P.S. 300$ for a 3$ chicken... It's offical I'm a Crazy Chicken Lady. So, wish us luck and say a prayer for Speckles tomorrow.

My Chicken Speckles who laid the LASH egg and several smaller ones after her big wiered one, is having surgery tomorrow morning. She was doing well after she laid that big ugly thing and one of the Vets I talked to said it would take some time to reform to the point she would fill up with the Lash material again. So we thought about it and I called the Vet I used to work for and asked how much they would charge me to do a Chicken Hystorectomy (which will give her at least a 50% chance verses 0% chance. And if nothing else the Vetrinarians can use her as a learning experiance, so if she dies it would at least have benafited someone. So I will let you know what happens. P.S. 300$ for a 3$ chicken... It's offical I'm a Crazy Chicken Lady. So, wish us luck and say a prayer for Speckles tomorrow.
good luck to speckles, and thanks now i can use you to prove to my
husband im not the craziest chicken lady ever! lol jk I wish you the best of luck

NOW THAT IS WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom