Have you ever seen this?!

Empera

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
The ladies are out of their molt, and doing great with the egg production.
smile.png
But about 10 minutes ago, I went out to the coop to check for some eggs, and I saw this..

2i7s480.jpg

At first I thought it was an odd colored poop next to the larger egg, because we all know that the ladies have bathroom needs no matter what their doing
wink.png
, but I bent in to look closer and to my surprise was a tiny egg the size of a robin!
ep.gif
It looks the exact same shade as the other egg, and was the same warmth.

Speculation here, but maybe she laid the larger one, and still had a little left? I was so surprised when I saw it, haha. It made me laugh aloud and I ran in to show my lovely boyfriend. He was just as shocked!
roll.png

EDIT: Whoops, my link didn't work! It should now.

Last edited:
Quote:
Whoops, thanks for telling me that it didn't work. Haha, it should now. A "fart egg"? That's original,
smile.png

hahaha! i love those lil eggs xD mine do one at least like once a month
roll.png
theyre so teeny tiny
lol.png

Yep, just a fart egg or wind egg for those peeps who are offended by the word fart.
roll.png

Just a little hiccup at the egg laying factory.

We get them from time to time. I wish I could figure out who's doing it with the greatest frequency. Yes, they do contain a yolk. It's a perfectly formed egg, just small...about pullet size..maybe a little smaller. And yes, they taste every bit as good as the big eggs!
big_smile.png

The girls really had me going early last fall with the egg fart business. I thought our trio of LB's were starting to lay early. Turned out it was just an egg fart!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom