Have YOU ever taken a BYC BREAK? Why?

I found this site to get all the information I could about raising chickens before I bought any. Because of rain rain and more rain and work comitments DS is taking a realy long time to finish my chicken house. I have learned so much from all of you that I am more confident about raising chickens. There are so many really nice people here and a few cranky ones but what the heck I get cranky too.I get real cranky when a BYC member is suffering abuse and try to give comfort if I can. I like to follow some threads to see how a situation is resolving itself. At this point I dont need a vacation from BYC but sometimes I think I am becoming addicted so I tell myself I can quit any time yup, yup and I'll log out in five more minutes, well just another five minutes and five minutes later has turned into an hour or more. But I'm sure I can quit any time I know all there is to know about raising chickens. I hope my mouth doesn't get me kicked off but I am an old lady who can spew forth my opinion on just about any thing an often do I try not to offend though.

Funny how this came up when it did. My husband just asked me to take a break from the computer as I'm too overwhelmed with life right now. No matter how I try I can't get myself together enough to take care of the house, his business, my business and my garden.

I'd hate to step away from BYC, but we all must deal with real life no matter how much we want to ignore what is happening in it.

Quote:
I have to say Im with yah sister! If I took a break from BYC the rest of my life would poop out! It keeps me smiling and laughing!

My two cents...

Yes, the internet and forums are just another TV, except more addicting. Breaks are good.

The pendulum swings. If this is a sight where you can get hugs, (I don't want any), you can also get criticism.

Maybe your sharp words, (I've never read any, as I only came here a month ago to find out how many chickens my coop would hold), maybe have done some people some good.

Take your break, but you don't need to justify doing it.... that's like asking for a hug.

Just some thoughts.

Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
If BYC is an addiction I am on a binge..
I tend to dry out over the weekends though
lol.png

Chickenmaven: I understand how you feel. <clearly> I get frustrated at rude postings too, and <clearly> I too lose it and get frustrated in return, lol. I don't blame you for taking a break, you need to do what feels right. When you feel you've lost your sensitivity, it probably is time to step back and re-think. It's very easy on this board to get caught up in the drama, and <some> people make it very easy to get annoyed. Whenever I feel like I need a BYC break, I go to the Raising Chicks section and hang out there for a while. That always brings a smile on my face. Or, I'll go check out pics of coop designs that people proudly post. There's always positive feedback there. Drama free. Take Care!

Edited to remove deleted material

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, folks, this is not the place for religious discussion, so let's not go there, please. No need to start a fistfight, okay?

I myself took a weeks long break from BYC way back when I first joined Rob's revived site he brought back from the dead. Folks noticed and were asking about me on the forum and I just couldn't deal with some of the stuff that was happening at the time. I came back refreshed and with a new perspective. It's always good to break from anything if it's getting to be a problem in your life!

I took a BYC break because I had no acess to a computer. Also, my mother's cancer was discovered and I was too shocked and sad to be of much help and knew if I came, I'd just cause trouble. That was about three months long.

Another 3 week long break was because I just couldn't find the time to go on the computer, and when I did, I was consumed in something else. I was also in prep for a performance.

My BYC breaks are more seasonal since I work at a greenhouse.
I haven't really had the time or energy to be on here the last several months during my busy season....I basically would come home just to go to sleep!
tongue.png
Work is slowing down....but now that summer is here, gardening, taking care of the animals, and outdoor activities keep me running around. I tend to spend more time on here in the fall and winter when life is less busy...

Also, now that there are more members these days it seems like there is more drama on here, which I don't mind missing out on sometimes.....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom