Have You Seen Any Honey Bees?

Haven't seen any yet in my area, just a few wasps and one bumble so far...
sad.png

Last edited:
You know my neighbors have hives and the other day she mentioned one out of their two hives of bees were gone. Then she mentioned another neighbor who has many hives was missing a lot of his bees. I thought it was interesting but never gave it another thought until I read chicken freather's Herald Tribune article. Wow, now this is very important to keep an eye on. Since we had an early spring and everything blossomed out, bees were covering all our blooming trees until the late heavy freeze and I haven't seen them since. Thanks for the info on the International Herald. I left a message referring to the article on my neighbor's answering machine. Keep us posted on any additional info.

Last edited:
that is good news Oaknim, our neighbors have all lost half of their hives..not finding dead ones just gone. In that article there is a major problem.

I've seen some bumbles on the east coast here. Honey bees usually appear when the lavender blooms, which will be a few more weeks now. I have a mason bee tube ready for them, but no sign yet. I did see a swarm of beneficial bees hovering aroung, which I usually don't see too often, maybe it was timing? Cause I don't have too much flowering yet.

Back
Top Bottom