Have your chickens ever eaten screws????

5:30pm:

Beatrice is eating "some" crumbles, I hope she will think they taste just as good in the morning ;)
She has made a few of her chicken sounds for me today!

Until tomorrow...

Good night all!

Sounds like you are on the road to recovery! Glad she liked the meal worms A rosie comb and a perky tail are really good signs. YAAAAAAYYYYYY
wee.gif

Last edited:
I am still following all progress - great results!

Wishing you all with your chicken(s) odd dietary whims a speedy recovery!

Suzie

Suzie,
I wouldn't say great just yet...though she looks good, she really isn't eating. she is pushing everything away!
idunno.gif

If I could disguise the protein in grapes, we would be doing good!!!
I don't know how much longer she could go like this... I just gave her meds for the night. I'm hard boiling an egg, and making a protein mash for her. I have held her and gave her a big kiss....

I'm at a loss.

Day 4 post-op:

A BETTER DAY
big_smile.png

Bea ate very well today!!! She preened herself, was moving around much better and was even a little fighsty when I gave her her meds for this evening.
She chowed down on broccolli, tomato, grapes, crumbles, meal worms, oatmeal (dry) and a strawberry!!!

She is still under a heat lamp and has been moved to the garage (garage heated at 50 degrees). The night time temp last night went down to 23. In the next few days the weather will warm up to the upper 40's and near 52 by Tuesday. I will see if I can move her back to the coop Monday or Tuesday night. I hope that the other hens don't bother her too much, I'm sure my Rooster will be watching closely for a visit or two.

I sure hope that it's smooth sailing from here on... Thank you for all your support through this. My BF gets tired of hearing it
hmm.png

~anna

Thanks!!!
I'm feeling like I'm starting to turn the corner ..

Everyday is a learning experience with my small little flock.
I have kept a journal since the day I got my girls (and boy)...Some say I'm crazy, but I find it so helpful...

Good night,

~a

Back
Top Bottom