Have Your Chickens Ever Made You Sick?

The only thing that has made me sick was not wearing a dust mask while cleaning the coop out, I ended up with a bad sinus infection, I get them easy tho. Now I just wear a dust mask problem solved. I do the deep litter method so cleanup is a big chore in a big coop, I do change and shower immedietly after the big clean outs...ack

I always wash my hands after doing daily chore befores I mess with anything else.

I had a trip to the ER about 10 years ago from a RIR roo that got me form behind and burried a spur in the side of my thigh, tetnus shot and a pretty nasty puncture wound and hurt for a week! I have never tolerated a nasty roo since then!

I have never had a parasite/worm problem as I do alot of preventtive treatments for bugs and worms.....so far the preventative measures have worked extremely well.

Just morning/pregnancy sickness. My meat chicken were the BAIN of my existence when I was in my first trimester. Every time I had to feed the chickens I got sick. The worst part was that hubby was out of town most of my first trimester. I wore a true respirator and gloves and still got sick every time twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom