Haven't a clue ... maybe you do.

LilMissClucky

Hatching
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Lynn
I am a first time chicken owner, or shall I say this is the first time I have ever been own by chickens. I got these precious babes for Mother's Day and all I can definitely say about them is that they are chicks. I have tried my utmost to figure out what they are (breed,sex,age) but have only managed to confuse myself more! Any help would be greatly apprecited.

29992_sdc12603.jpg
29992_sdc12582.jpg
29992_sdc12628.jpg

29992_sdc12627.jpg
29992_sdc12622.jpg
29992_sdc12610.jpg

the first chick (black and yellow-ish) might be a black australorp...

the picture of the bantam with the golden/red head and face and black body, with white on the chest and gold/black wings, is an golden sebright. (absolutely beautiful!)

not sure of the next pics..

definitely a seabright on the top right, I have a pair that are 3 weeks old.
The very bottom pic, chick on the right, the black bantam, I have one too and he is my mystery chick. I hope you get an answer so I know what he is too!

Black australorp in the first, iam pretty darn certain. Mine looked JUST like that.

Not sure about the next one, the next two after that, they all look like buff orpingtons to me, but what do I know.

Not so sure abuot the others. Maybe EE's and some marans?

They all look like theyre various ages, between one and three weeks is my guess... lol.

Thanks so much. I kinda thought australorp on the first one too. Pic #2 and #3 I had no clue what they are. Pic #4 I thought might be a buff opington. Pic #5 the chicks have a funny kinda gray green legs on them and one of the chicks in #6 has black legs.

Off to research the golden sebright. Thanks for your help!
big_smile.png

Hi
#2 is a Golden Seabright
#3 look like my Buff brahama if they have feathers on feet???
#5 is Silver Seabrights I have 2 of those
and the other I dont know

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope Nettie, no feathery feet. Aside from being pretty are sebrights nice? Since you have some what are they like ... are they moody or sweet? I read that they have little bitty eggs and no meat but are good show chickens ... is that true?

LilMissClucky
Seabrights are kind flighty and takes awhile for them to get use to you
There are true chickens lol... Run away from me all the time Yes little eggs and NOT good meat birds at all there tiny Great show birds though and they are very catching to to eye.... Here is a pic of my 2
28795_my_chickens_031.jpg

Back
Top Bottom