having a hard time figuring out what gender these are. ( new chicken owner)

From 4-12 weeks old you're looking for bigger and redder combs and wattles. At that age, pullets will still have smaller and paler combs and wattles. Once they hit 12 weeks old males will start to get their masculine feathers (see the picture). Males also tend to be the more colorful of the two sexes. If you notice any bright, color patches, uneven patterns, leakage, or very iridescent feathers, chances are it's a boy.
View attachment 3603273
so in your opinion the images i posted would be rooster correct?

Most definitely.
thank you guys very much, now the real question is what are the odds of getting three roosters in an order of three hen pullets? I got it from a local farm near me and they have refused to respond to my concerns. I'd like to think its a mistake but now I'm thinking on just moving on

thank you guys very much, now the real question is what are the odds of getting three roosters in an order of three hen pullets? I got it from a local farm near me and they have refused to respond to my concerns. I'd like to think its a mistake but now I'm thinking on just moving on
about 9 weeks, they had no wattle or distinctive feather pattern, i'd say weighed a few pounds at best

Most commercial hatcheries guarantee 90% correct sexing. That would work out to one in a thousand chance of getting three males in an order of three females.

For straight-run chicks (unsexed) the odds of getting 3 males are about 1 in 8.

For 9 week chicks, I can't give specific numbers. Many males are very obvious by that age, while some others really do look the same as females. You might just have had bad luck with some slow-developing chicks (although I would have expected an honest seller to respond to you about the matter.)

Just moving on might be the best thing, although I would probably not buy "sexed pullets" from that source again.

Back
Top Bottom