Having issues with flooring.

pringle

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Pepperell,MA
I live in new england....so it gets cold!I plan on making 2 4by3 ft pens,with a 4by3ft attached runs,its going to be off the ground about 5 ft.The run is going to have wire floor but im not to sure about the other part.The other part is going to be the actaul house.Should I just have a wood floor or a wire floor?Im thinking the wire floor is going to be cold in winter but can coturnix handle that?

Anyone?Oh cmon,if you dont want my quail to die then answer if you dont them im going to call you a murderer
wink.png

Its A Compromise Situation--- Either Use Wire And It Wont Keep Them As Warm, Or Use Wood And Have To Clean It And Keep Bedding In There For Them--- Pick 1

If it were me i would use wire and then in the winter i would add some plywood or some cardboard to it so in the summer ya can take it out and its easy to take out and clean

Quote:
THERE'S A GOOD IDEA

yup, yup! maybe find a way to put plywood under the wire close enough to block the wind from the bottom, but so that you can slide it out and dump it easily....quail poop A LOT!!! then, as already mentioned, just leave it out in the summer.

Quote:
THERE'S A GOOD IDEA

yup, yup! maybe find a way to put plywood under the wire close enough to block the wind from the bottom, but so that you can slide it out and dump it easily....quail poop A LOT!!! then, as already mentioned, just leave it out in the summer.

That is what I'm doing one of these days.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom