having problems with my hovabator genesis 1588 incubator!! please help!!

My house temp this time is the year never exceeds 64 degrees, and at night goes down into the mid 50s. I would suggest a lower humidity until the final several days.

Did you check your egg turner? Sometimes the motor on those can burn out, and since they move so slowly it can be hard to notice.
egg turner definitely isnt the problem, i checked that several times. and yeah i think im going to go with the dry incubation method next time around, i did dry incubation for my second hatch but it still was horrible. im convinced it was the temp and the incubator thermometer was off. good news another chick hatched, i sexed all the chicks and i have 7 hens and 1 rooster. the last hatch i had, 9 chicks hatched and they were all female. 17 pullets and 1 rooster combined for the last 2 hatches. atleast thats a good ratio.

i agree in a seperate thermo/hygro but i have found the electronics accurate and find very few people complain about them

they are also adjustable. the olderversions require manipilation of small switches. the instructions are available, the newer models are much simpler
I have an old one, but it cooks chicks kind of fast, but I'm too afraid to mess with the switches...so I just leave it alone

I have eggs in my hova bator that has been under incubation for 12 days now. Now, i want to add more eggs in it. During lock down which is 6 or 7 days from now, i have to increase the humidity. My question is, will the new eggs that i will put now be destroyed when i increase the humidity for the earlier eggs?

It won't destroy the later eggs, the problem you may have is that the younger eggs will not lose enough water/weight if you have to keep the humidity high for a long hatch, and you will have the chicks die in the shell from drowning.

My advice is to delay lockdown of your hatches until the last minute.

You will have to be really on top of the game. It will require upping humidity as soon as you see the first pip rather than earlier.

Your younger eggs really need turning at that point so get a spray bottles with warmer than 100 f water in it. Spray the Bator as you open it to turn eggs and mist ask the inside walls.

Get the hatched birds out as soon as dry and dry out the Bator.

Follow same last minute lockdown for second batch

i got the brinsea spot check and put it in the incubator! works like a dream! getting 18 cream legbar eggs and 6 basque eggs should be here by thursday, i actually feel confident about this hatch. hopefully it goes well.

Today is 18th day for the eggs, it's lockdown day! Just another question though.......i set the eggs at around 10pm on april 12, do i have to wait like around 10pm today before increasing the humidity or i can do it at like noon time?

Do it whenever you want. You can wait until you have a pip to increase humidity if you want to or if you need your eggs to loose more moisture but then you have to continually check for pips so you get the humidity up right away.

Thanks. I increased it already. There was one that was alread pipping. I'll just cross my fingers and wait.

One hatched already, it's very clean. The problem now is it's rolling the other eggs in the bator. I miscalculated it, i should have increased the humidity yesterday which was day 18, i only increased it this morning. Should i open the bator and remove the "early bird"? I dont know know how to attach pix here in my phone.

Back
Top Bottom