Having progressive pictures to help ID chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
rimshoes, you're pretty smart! We've actually been discussing that... even way before setting up GoldenFeather memberships, and creating a "chick-id" user and making them a GFM with more image storage space. We could give access to that "member" to the key organizers of this project and they could post pictures into that account.

This is still an option if you guys would rather do it that way, or a combination of ways. I'm open to do anything that moves the project along!
big_smile.png

I like that idea too, rimshoes. I think having one location to put all pictures is the best way to continue with this.

As to adding Guinea fowl. That's certainly something we can do. I would like to focus on chicken breeds first though since it's pretty easy to tell what Guinea chicks look like but people have so much trouble figuring out what breed chick/en they have.

Chirpy, you can decide what will work best. Will it be easier to have you and a few select others upload these to a new BYC User account (you'll need to log into it separately) or shall I just start getting pics from the posts you have in the spreadsheet? Or a combination?

I would like to have LauraSBale, Guitartist and KAKBucks weigh in on this if they are around and still want to help.

I'm thinking a combo of both. We have some great pictures already submitted in the three places going thus far. But, from here on out it would be nice to have just the one place to put all future pictures. Once we get that one up and running we could lock the other ones so all future picture are put together in one place. Does that work?

I agree that all images should be in one location... not only for use purposes but also so files don't get named the same etc.

I'm not that familiar with spreadsheets. But I'm willing to learn and I'll do whatever I can just as soon as we get moved and settled in. I still have to get my computer back up and running (tomorrow I go see my computer guy) before I can do much of ANYTHING
hmm.png

Once I get settled I'd be more than happy to crop, edit and rename files so images are as uniform as possible. Also..... my website was not renewed and my "sample" page is now nonexistent
tongue.png
But if any help is needed later on with graphics etc, I'd be more than happy to help.

I also have many rare breeds in mind to get hatching eggs for this year... I will be setting up my lighting and backdrops so that I can get good pics of these breeds as they grow.
smile.png

Sorry I have been MIA

Here is what I propose:

1) I'll setup a new BYC user with a GFM upgrade so there will be plenty of image storage space and then all the pictures can be loaded there.

2) I'll give access to this account to those who are in charge of this project and they can decide who else should have access.

3) You guys can start loading the NEW images into that account.

4) We'll decide on how / where to move all the old images.

How does that sound? Any other ideas / suggestions?

I think that sounds great Nifty. I'm ready to get this baby moving along if some others are ready to help.

Okay then, I've setup the new account and sent the login info to Chirpy. Anybody who wants to use it will need to log out of their regular BYC account and log back in with this new ID or do what I do and use IE for one account and FireFox for another account!
big_smile.png

Let me know how that works!

OH as a reminder, PLEASE keep the nameing convention of the image files easy to understand. They should be like this:

Breed-size-color-sex-age.jpg

Age will be in the format of 00 (egg) 001 (one day) 01-16 (1 - 16 weeks) and MM for mature.

So, example:

Ameraucana-Standard-Blue-Pullet-03.jpg
(a three week old female blue regular sized Ameraucana)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom