Having progressive pictures to help ID chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so excited to see this thread! I have always liked to take regular "growing up" photos of all my critters. I've started with my first batch of day old chicks this week. It consists of approx 8-10 types.
Spotsplus

thumbsup.gif

I love the idea, Im new to this chicken rearing thing and Its hard to find good pics of what we have. Can you tell me what the abbreveations mean,EE,etc

hi fowlgirl - Welcome!

Some of the abbreviations are:

EE - Easter Egger
BR - Barred Rock
BA - Black Australorp
RIR - Rhode Island Red
BO - Buff Orpington
GB - Game Bird
GLW - Golden Laced Wyandotte
SLW - Silver Laced Wyandotte

There are a whole bunch more but I was up most of the night and am still having brain fog. If you use the Search feature at the top of the page and type in "abbreviations" I'm guessing you'll find a lot of threads with more.

Thank you all for your very valuable information. Really appreciate being a part of this group and learning from peer's.
Got our first shipement from McMurray 2 weeks ago and recieved one odd chick that we call Stumpy.
19834_stumpy.jpg

Can anyone help me identify?

Hey Big C - I can't help ID your chick but it would really help if you started your own thread in the What Breed Is This section. That will get lots more people looking at your picture and someone will likely be able to help you.

wink.png

Yes! This is the one I was thinking of. Whatever became of it? Not sure what they are talking about on page 34 re: the new account. Anyone????
PS. And thanks to the person recommending Feathersite. I am familiar with this site and use it when I can but sometimes I am presented with a wild duckling or "pheasanty" type baby and would like pictures of a variety of birds. Thanks, Carolyn

We are working on this new ID feature. We're getting pictures together and putting them on pages. It's not available yet but hopefully soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom