Having progressive pictures to help ID chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started putting together personal pages of different breeds that I have. Most of them are not full grown yet. So far I only have 3 pages done, all Bantams, but it's a start! I have Sultan's, Self-Blue Cochin's, and Blue Red OEG's.

Also, I think several people who are posting photos in this thread, on their personal pages, and at photo bucket, have not read the Progessive Pic Cheat Sheet. I had fixed quite a few photos before I finally read it! The Cheat Sheet states the photo dimensions need to be 800x600. Most of mine were not that large,
roll.png
so I redid them in order for my photos to qualify for the progressive pic webpages. On some I had cropped out the feet and/or tails of the chickens and the cheat sheet specifically mentions NOT to do that.

If there is anyone out there fixing their chicken pics for BYC to use on the BYC Progressive Photo webpages, make sure you read the Cheat Sheet first. If you don't, your photos may not qualify to appear on the progressive pic webpages. Also, let's make sure our photos are easy for the BYC people to find (ie. our personal pages or photo bucket) as I'm quite sure it is a huge undertaking creating all the different pages of chicken breeds!

Sorry if I am stepping on any toes, but I noticed there are quite a few people submitting photos that can't be used. I want to save others from making the same mistake I did and have to redo all their pics! We may as well fix them the right way to begin with!
big_smile.png

~Anne

I don't see why we can't have an extra photos gallery attached to each breed.. since there is some degree of difference in a lot of the breeds anyways. Sorry I have been MIA..... I will have more time in the winter and especially after the holidays to really crack down on this. I am going to set up a set for next spring so I can get good pics of my birds and any new chicks.

caddyeldorado2006 - I'm guessing the first is a Polish and the 2nd a Cochin ... but I'm not good at breeds (unless it's something I have) so you need someone with more experience to chime in.

I suggest you start a new thread under "what breed or gender this is" - that will get many more people to see it and help you.

I was told my chickens were born the last week of Aug. and the first week of Sept. 2008.

I have been photographing my chickens at approx. 2 week intervals. I am not sure on the gender of most of them and not sure about the breed of the one I was told was a speckled sussex. The "speckled sussex" has beautiful golden neck feathers and red/black body feathers. I believe Red is a Rooster and probably one of the two Wyandottes is a Rooster as well. I am pretty sure the barred rock and buff orpington are hens.

If you have some time check them out at: http://picasaweb.google.com/SaraWilliams4/Chickens092908101808#

Please
let me know your hypothesis about their gender and breed.
Thanks!
Sara

OK guys, my other ID won't let me in, so for now I'm working on this one. I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while.

I was going to start putting pictures up on my pages, but wasn't sure if I should wait and put them into a more permanent location or if I should start uploading them now and they can be moved to a more permanent location later.

Kendra

Yes! This is just what I need!

I'm having a blast with my Surprise Assortment, but I'd love to know more about my lovely young girls.

Can I help? I don't know much, but I take instruction well and have some time to devote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom