Hawk attack/isolation (bloody image)

jelibn1980

Chirping
Jul 25, 2022
One of my chickens was attacked by a hawk last Friday. She's been in isolation ever since and is healing great. (Pic is from the day it happened) My question is when can she go back to the flock? When is she considered healed? She's not liking being alone. She lost quite a lot of feathers on her back. Will that affect her going back out? I'm in Georgia where it's sorta cold lately. (lows of 20s highs of 40s). Her wings cover most of her bare spots. Anyway...when can she join the other girls and will she freeze if she's missing feathers?

Attachments

• IMG_20240101_193913.jpg
    IMG_20240101_193913.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20240101_193750.jpg
    IMG_20240101_193750.jpg
    355.3 KB · Views: 8
She should be fine, you don't have temperatures to worry about.
Just keep up the wound care, great job.
Do I need to worry they will peck her? I only have 5 other girls and her wounds seem to all be hidden by her feathers now. I just don't know if they will peck at the bare skin spots.

Observe the chickens when you put her back. She should be fine with the temperatures. I have one chicken molting pretty back and her neck, butt and chest has no feathers currently. Oh and no tail feathers. She is fine and I am in South Carolina.

Observe the chickens when you put her back. She should be fine with the temperatures. I have one chicken molting pretty back and her neck, butt and chest has no feathers currently. Oh and no tail feathers. She is fine and I am in South Carolina.
Thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom