Hawk attack just now. Need help.

We use a ‘miracle salve’ made by simply mixing cannabis infused oil 50/50 with triple antibiotic ointment. Either one is great by itself but together they are amazing. We had a hawk attack one of our meat chickens. It was too big for the hawk. It had a giant tear including into the muscles on its back and neck. The torn area was larger than my palm. She was breeding stock and a sweetheart. So we slathered her with the salve and she was completely healed ij about a week. No infection. No other treatment. Our wyandotte pullet got attacked by a coon and was bit on the head with skull cracked and brain showing. I kid you not we coated her head and torn shoulder with the salve mix. She was paralyzed on her left side. Leg completely limp. We brought her in and kept her comfortable. She is walking around the yard now 😁. Whatever your view on human cannabis use, it is tremendous medicine. Cbd oil will work if that’s all you can get to mix with the triple antibiotic ointment, but so mich cbd oil is fake or far weaker than advertised.

We use a ‘miracle salve’ made by simply mixing cannabis infused oil 50/50 with triple antibiotic ointment. Either one is great by itself but together they are amazing. We had a hawk attack one of our meat chickens. It was too big for the hawk. It had a giant tear including into the muscles on its back and neck. The torn area was larger than my palm. She was breeding stock and a sweetheart. So we slathered her with the salve and she was completely healed ij about a week. No infection. No other treatment. Our wyandotte pullet got attacked by a coon and was bit on the head with skull cracked and brain showing. I kid you not we coated her head and torn shoulder with the salve mix. She was paralyzed on her left side. Leg completely limp. We brought her in and kept her comfortable. She is walking around the yard now 😁. Whatever your view on human cannabis use, it is tremendous medicine. Cbd oil will work if that’s all you can get to mix with the triple antibiotic ointment, but so mich cbd oil is fake or far weaker than advertised.
Hey, whatever works!

Mash some hard boiled eggs, add some of her normal feed, add water and/or raw eggs for enough moisture to make 'crumbled' feed. This will be easier for her to grab a mouthful with as little effort as possible. Eggs, in any form, seem irresistible to chickens, so it's a great enticement to get her to eat, and moistening the feed will not negatively affect her water intake.
If she won't take the mash with her normal feed mixed in, then try it without the feed; Eggs have the perfect balance of the amino acids necessary for poultry. You'll need to bolster her caloric intake, perhaps a tin of sardines in sunflower or olive oil, served oil and all.
Keeping you and your feathered family in my prayers.

Thank you so much for this. We are trying mashed hard boiled yolk and she is just not eating. Holding it up to her beak, putting some in her mouth etc. We made a sugar solution just to get some calories in her. She’s not taking much of it. Is there anything else we should do??
Mash some hard boiled eggs, add some of her normal feed, add water and/or raw eggs for enough moisture to make 'crumbled' feed. This will be easier for her to grab a mouthful with as little effort as possible. Eggs, in any form, seem irresistible to chickens, so it's a great enticement to get her to eat, and moistening the feed will not negatively affect her water intake.
If she won't take the mash with her normal feed mixed in, then try it without the feed; Eggs have the perfect balance of the amino acids necessary for poultry. You'll need to bolster her caloric intake, perhaps a tin of sardines in sunflower or olive oil, served oil and all.
Keeping you and your feathered family in my prayers.

Thank you so much for this. We are trying mashed hard boiled yolk and she is just not eating. Holding it up to her beak, putting some in her mouth etc. We made a sugar solution just to get some calories in her. She’s not taking much of it. Is there anything else we should do??
She's still in shock. Poor thing.

I wonder if you should try to treat her for pain to see if that helps perk her up. And I swear by NutriDrench. A little has worked miracles for me.

She's still in shock. Poor thing.

I wonder if you should try to treat her for pain to see if that helps perk her up. And I swear by NutriDrench. A little has worked miracles for me.
You are an amazing human. Thank you for your help. We will give her nutridrench tonight and will try to get a baby aspirin in her. How long does shock typically last? The attack occurred about 48 hours ago.

She does seem in a daze still. How long does the shock last? How much water is essential each day? She really isn’t wanting to take much at all. She took less than a half cup today, and that was with us offering/dropper watering every hour. We have given some probiotics and electrolytes too. What do you think we should do? Thank you again.
Have you tried Hydro Hen in her water?

Back
Top Bottom