Hawk Attack- Pics may be considered graphic!!!!!!

karen71

Songster
14 Years
Apr 27, 2008
Bear, DE
sad.png
My poor little girl- came home and saw pile of white feathers- looked and called and she did not come- I thought she was gone. Went out to lock up the coop and there she was sitting on the roost- she looked fine but I decided to look - she has gashes on her back-
So she is in a dog crate in the garage - I just came back from walgreens have the Pedialyte and Iodine- though she was resting so I will torture her for her own good tomorrow morning- also read feed her high protein food- I guess she gets eggs in the morning - am I missing anything ?

9542_p1000914.jpg

9542_p1000915.jpg

hit.gif
I haven't had this happen to any of my birds, but from what I've read, you need to keep her quiet and warm. Maybe flush the wound with some diluted peroxide?

Someone more experienced will come along so I'll do my duty by giving your post a bump.

She means she won't wake her up to bother her with cleaning it right now because cleaning prob burns. I think you have all of it.

aw, i'd be devastated if something happened to my little silkie...at the very least she is still alive, that's quite a feat if it was a hawk!

Check out the thread "Is it possible to heal? pic*very graphic*" by wannahavehens. There is a lot of discussion about treating an injury like that.

Quote:
What do you mean by "torture" her?

Just meant clean her up no real torture but i can imagine that it feels good to be cleaned up with cuts- I know I don't like it

Last edited:
Thank you every one - I will check out the other post about the hawk attack- tomorrow everyone is staying in - The hawk will probably be back looking for more- I hope she makes it
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom