Hawk Attack

This is awesome! Great job scaring it off, your birds must be glad you were there!
My sisters once scared a fox off that had its jaws on a chicken. I was at camp but I wish I was there! Too bad we didn't get it on film.

Yeah--no. I bought one of those owls--even the more expensive bobblehead one. Something decapitated it on day 2. BYC people had warned me, too. I have several cds, a friend's daughter's glittery pom poms and a Halloween scarecrow up. Not sure if any of that helps, or if it was me spending the long weekend in the yard, cutting hedges and glaring at the sky. Saw one several times and yelled at it. My neighbors think im awesome.
Hahaha. I'm sure they wish they were that cool.

We have nesting hawks within eyesight of our back door.

I'm basically going to just run around naked with my arms overhead, doing everything I can to scare them off. Whatever it takes, aside from hawk annihilation.

And I'm done with Starbucks. All that money could have been spent on aerial protection in the chicken run.

Geesh.
Tractor Supply needs to come out with a backyard chicken protection version of the Star Wars defense system to intercept incoming flying predators...

Tractor Supply needs to come out with a backyard chicken protection version of the Star Wars defense system to intercept incoming flying predators...
Ha, automated censor tracking system that targets and destroys, and an app that lets you watch the interception live on your iPhone!

But maybe it just sends in a droid that captures the hawk alive and releases it safely somewhere else.

:lau

All right everyone. Go back and look at the video again. Chickens new hawk was coming well before it flew into view. Look at how chickens run holding feathers and listen. Also, the target had someone besides the human very much willing to engage the hawk. Hawk would have been repelled by that fourth party.

Good reaction by human.

Back
Top Bottom