Hawk attack

He is very aggressive! He waits until I'm very close to him to fly away he has demonstrated aggressive behavior towards the girls before and I know it's the same hawk, I just don't know how to get rid of him
Wow, you should have a basket of little rocks by the door and when you get close enough hit him with a rock and scream really loud at him.

there must be something wrong with the hawk that I have in my yard, because he is always on the ground, I caught him on the ground peering into the shed where the girls are, he also was standing a few feet away on the ground at another time looking at the coop! I have lots and lots of mealworms and I will make sure that they get them, I have a lot of area for the girls to graze in, they also have many outlets for them to run and hide
Henny I would revise laws to do with killing protected species. Ask your local council or government if there is anything you can do if the hawk comes for your livestock or anything that they can do.

xD You said rock... I imagined like a hefty few kilo rock and just SMOOSH dead hawk but no worries :p
I actually really like the hawks that fly into my yard. They are really beautiful. They are just looking for food like all the other wild animals that come into my yard. I just have to make sure my girls have lots of cover. The only girl I worry about is my half blind one. I wish they would take out all the squirrels that are coming around. They tried to take one of my fake eggs out of the coop, but left it in the run once they realized what it was, LOL!

I actually really like the hawks that fly into my yard. They are really beautiful. They are just looking for food like all the other wild animals that come into my yard. I just have to make sure my girls have lots of cover. The only girl I worry about is my half blind one. I wish they would take out all the squirrels that are coming around. They tried to take one of my fake eggs out of the coop, but left it in the run once they realized what it was, LOL!
LOL I used to live somewhere with hawks and one flew into the glass of the kitchen :( It broke its neck but it was a very beautiful creature I agree.

Please help me, I had a hawk attack and kill one of my girls my other girls saw the whole thing and ran into the woods, wouldn't come out for hours and now they will not come out of their Coop and they're acting so stressed and jittery I don't know how to help them I am devastated because they are pets with benefits, they really are my babies please help me
I’m glad they came back to the coop where they are safe now.
Just give them time. They are probably very frightened, and traumatized, obviously. Let them hang out in their coop today if they want to.
Let them venture out when they are ready. They will. Probably slowly and carefully.

Back
Top Bottom