Hawk net

Holowinko

In the Brooder
May 17, 2017
I have an area that is 20 x 40 of premier 1 electric chicken fence. I bought a Hawk Net that is 20x 35. If I leave 2 1/2 foot space on either end can a hawk still get in? I don't free range because we have so many predators. I have a coup and run on a cement slab and now want them to go on the grass within the electric fence. Thanks.

I have an area that is 20 x 40 of premier 1 electric chicken fence. I bought a Hawk Net that is 20x 35. If I leave 2 1/2 foot space on either end can a hawk still get in? I don't free range because we have so many predators. I have a coup and run on a cement slab and now want them to go on the grass within the electric fence. Thanks.

Yep you might want to close it all off if you can. When I was on my first year with chicken I built a second addition to my first run and because of the 2 different height of roofs (one slanted and original one-gabled) I left an approximate 3-4 feet opening while I try to figure out adjoining them together. A hawk swooped in my chicken run and couldn’t get out since everything else were close off except the small gap. Luckily non of the chickens were hurt except few feathers lost from flapping panic, needles to say I got it all closed off right away.

98C1D54F-5DB9-42D7-A531-2CA48605A0B0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom