Hawk or eagle? *Photos inside*

I agree with others who say it is an eagle. I would guess Bald Eagle on migration. Hopefully it will move on soon. It is probably too young to be nesting.
fl.gif

i really don't think it is big enough for an eagle. the limb it is on looks small, and the bird isn't bending it much. color too hard to tell.

I would have to agree with those who said eagle. Since you don't have golden eagles in Newfoundland that would make it a juvenile bald eagle.

I say eagle, too. We have the Baldies all over here right now, and the shadow in the tree is a classic shape.

Side story - I don't have a roo, yet, but my girls were out in their pen the other day and the "scout" took off for the coop. They all ran in. I looked all over - in the trees, in the sky, I saw nothing. Then my DH saw it. It was a pair of Bald Eagles, but they were so high in the sky, I wouldn't have known what they were. I was amazed. They are so alert! Our pen is totally un-swoop-able, so they wouldn't be lunch, but I loved knowing they were watching!

No, it's actually a crow flying behind it. The crows were acting so strange; they kept lining up on the surrounding trees and cawing in a frantic manner. After that about 7 left and the rest of the crows kept flying around it and eventually left.
Also, my animals: 3 roosters, 12 hens and 3 ducks are all free range so I think they may be in danger when spring comes.
I was just curious about the behavior of eagles; how do they go about catching their prey and do they stalk or do they go straight for the kill?
Any info would really help.

I agree with Bald Eagle. They don't get their white head for awhile. He's a bit big for a hawk. S/he is gorgeous though!
smile.png
Hang some CD's up they don't like them, and keep your birds up for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom