Hawk Proofing

TSG

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 4, 2010
I recently lived in south Florida for a year as a kayak guide. While down there I noticed some owners of beachside restaurants string somewhat heavy monofilament fishing line in the air about 4 feet apart to keep the gulls from swooping down and bothering the patrons. I've been thinking about utilizing this tactic in my barnyard since hawks are a huge problem and I'd probably get locked up longer for shooting a hawk than a person. I don't want to use my pheasant pens for chickens and If it works it will be a much easier and cost effective way to deal with the "Terror from Above." I hope this info will help others who are having the same problem. If anyone else tries it let me know how it works out for you.

yep!

Most resorts string a line or two to keep the gulls away from pools, grill areas and deck side eateries as well. People rarely notice it, but like the fact that they can have their beach pinic in peace! I don't know why it would not work for hawks unless the fact that they often land on fence posts or tree branchs before finale approach to kill.

thumbsup.gif

I have the best luck with crows. The crows keep the hawks away. I've only seen 1 hawk in 3 years, and he was just passing thru. I just don't know how to get them, mine just appeared.

Back
Top Bottom