Hawk

Tisha4118

Hatching
Jan 21, 2017
Hello my name is Leticia and there is a hawk that flies around my neighborhood to feed. The hawk seems to always come my AC and leave his prey on it. i want to know when the weather is cloudy and its raining do they come get it or they wait until the weather is sunny? I love nature but i just dont want to lift my shade up and see something nasty laying on my AC and its been there for awhile. What should i do?

Greetings from Kansas, Leticia, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our flock! When you say, "...its prey,"....do that mean like mice and rats, etc.? Or are you saying that the hawk is killing your chickens? My responses would be different in each circumstance. If it was mice I'd put something on top of my AC to prevent the hawk from having it's dinner there. But if it is after my chickens I would take steps to keep the hawk away from my yard. What is your situation?

It's squirrels and rats and I'm afraid to knock it off because he might be watching and I don't want him to attack me if I do that.

G’Day from down under Tisha4118
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that I do not have any experience with Hawks but I do hope that you are able to work with him and that he does not decide your chickens are on the menu.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

I think I would just move the dead thing with a shovel and toss at the farthest end of your property. I don't think the hawk will come after you, if it wanted to eat that, it would have done so, or taken it to feed his chicks(if any)

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on drumstick diva's comments. That would be disconcerting to open your shade and see a hawk's lunch...maybe you could put something on top of your ac to make it seem less attractive as a food tray.

Thanks for joining us!

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. I think I replied to your other post. :)

Back
Top Bottom