Hawk!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
Not the first time seeing this hawk but I want to take caution. Got home and saw a hawk land on the tree and started makeinf lots of noise. The flock is safe and the hawk cannot get to them. They don’t free range unless I’m out with them and they free range in a fenced in area of the yard so they are always safe. How long will it take for the hawk to lose interest?

Not the first time seeing this hawk but I want to take caution. Got home and saw a hawk land on the tree and started makeinf lots of noise. The flock is safe and the hawk cannot get to them. They don’t free range unless I’m out with them and they free range in a fenced in area of the yard so they are always safe. How long will it take for the hawk to lose interest?
If the fenced in area you free range them in isn't covered, they are not safe from hawks. I've had hawks attack while myself and my dogs were in our fenced in yard. Many on here have had hawk attacks with them standing only a few feet away from there chickens.
Don't let your guard down.

If the fenced in area you free range them in isn't covered, they are not safe from hawks. I've had hawks attack while myself and my dogs were in our fenced in yard. Many on here have had hawk attacks with them standing only a few feet away from there chickens.
Don't let your guard down.
It isn’t covered but I have not let them out in a while and I don’t plan on it while the hawk is still around. I also don’t walk away from them at all I am always right there

Just as soon as you shoot him, that's when he will lose interest.

In this case, shooting this particular kind of hawk for being a threat to chicken is like shooting a granny walking past your mailbox because some hooligan kid toilet papered your house. @Mr Spot do shoot granny's.
Never shot anyone yet, and I was a Police Officer for nearly 42 years, I hope that answers your question.

Back
Top Bottom