Hawks and other preditors...

I think that may be the only reaction to this action. It's on crow
sickbyc.gif

Thanks

I just lost my white leg horn hen to a bobcat last week. We had a storm and somehow she got out of the coop and into the run-that doesnt have a top- and came next morning i went to go let my hens out and ,she was gone, there was feathers all over the run, she layed an egg during the night in the run, and the door to the coop was closed and my other hen was just fine. I spent about 30 minutes investigating and trying to find out just what happened and i could tell it wasnt a coyote because there was no way it could have gotten over the 6 ft fence surrounding the run, it would have had to go under the cage which there was no holes dug under :(,and there was a few tracks in the coop that showed it was not a cyote because there was no claw marks in the track-felines have retracktable claws so when they walk they keep their claws in but k9s do not have retrackable claws so there claws do show up in their tracks-It was a smaller sized bobcat that had a kitten or two with it (there was baby bobcat tracks as well)...i am building a new coop but until then i am going to put bird netting over the top of my coop. Im sorry but i have never had problems with hawks so i dont know what to tell you about that mean old thing :( good luck on finding a solution

Back
Top Bottom