Hawks in my pen. I caught this young hawk in my chicken pen and he was so tired he allowed me to puck him up to take him out.

1rstout

Hatching
Feb 15, 2020
DD417892-D4D7-4524-8B05-5A73181A9C64.jpeg

:welcome :frow Yes, you were lucky. I had a hawk get into one of my covered pens a few months ago. It found a gap that I have since fixed. It killed several birds. I was off on an appointment and errands to come home to the hawk and the massacre.
A few of the birds the hawk killed. Pullets not far from starting to lay.
IMG_20190911_173150.jpg

I had a redtail hawk drop out of the sky when the rest of my family was out of town for the holidays and I was watching the ranch. It was infested with mites and anemic. Didn't know what to do with it, so I kept it in my bathroom for a week, treated the mites, fed it and when the nearest wildlife center could take it I dropped it off. Pardon the tacky pics, but this was 10 years ago and I was "edgy" back then:

9 23 10 hawkfin.png

I had a redtail hawk drop out of the sky when the rest of my family was out of town for the holidays and I was watching the ranch. It was infested with mites and anemic. Didn't know what to do with it, so I kept it in my bathroom for a week, treated the mites, fed it and when the nearest wildlife center could take it I dropped it off. Pardon the tacky pics, but this was 10 years ago and I was "edgy" back then:

View attachment 2341227
That's pretty cool. I know a lot of folks don't like hawks but I think we need to get along with nature. Good for you for taking care of this bird. Hope it got rehabbed and released.

View attachment 2341227
I like your framed pictures it gives it a bit of class.

Back
Top Bottom