Hawks!

Most in thread
Not sure? We are new to keeping chickens only on our second year. Our coop and run couldn’t be more secure. We free range our 12 chickens only when at least a few of our 7 family members are outside to keep close watch. We have never had any hawk land in our yard while we were out there nor have lost a chicken at all. We spoil them and treat them as our pets. Today when that bird attacked I was in very close proximately and thankfully scared it off without it doing any harm. Our whole family is shooken up, Chocolate is my 6 year old’s baby! Lesson learned. The chickens will be in the run for at least 2 weeks until this bird moves on!

Ok guys it’s been back all day. This pic was taken on my children’s playground which over looks the chicken coop. It’s holding something up there that it’s caught but I can’t quite make it out.

Attachments

• 42931DC7-31A6-4B8B-A587-CFBCAF03AB09.jpeg
    42931DC7-31A6-4B8B-A587-CFBCAF03AB09.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 5A8E4DCC-0D47-4A41-9CCF-6A9ABE44D30A.jpeg
    5A8E4DCC-0D47-4A41-9CCF-6A9ABE44D30A.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 16
Kinda off topic but sorta relates to hawks.

One time I was outside and enjoying listening to all the birds in the woods around our property and watching all the birds at the feeders we have. I heard a hawk whistle from nearby and all the birds scattered. 2 seconds later here comes a silly stellars jay making the hawk whistle and flying to an empty feeder 😂

Same guy came back next day imitating construction equipment to keep the birds away 😂

Back
Top Bottom