Hay for Quail

Green Bean Quail

Songster
Nov 13, 2019
Hello all! I’m not dead! Just inactive, sorry!
I recently discovered my quail go batshit for hay. I have large grass clipping piles I’ve been dumping into the hutch, and they love it. They burrow, scratch, all that. My only concern is, do I have TOO much hay? I hinting they’ll pat it down as they go but their mulch and dirt hutch has turned into hay piles. They seem to love it right now, but should I remove some?

I usually give them a pile or two to play in after pruning shrubs. And yes, they LOVE it! Eventually I pull it out and toss it in the compost before it starts to get moldy. That will depend on your local weather and humidity.

I recently discovered my quail go batshit for hay. I have large grass clipping piles I’ve been dumping into the hutch, and they love it. They burrow, scratch, all that. My only concern is, do I have TOO much hay? I hinting they’ll pat it down as they go but their mulch and dirt hutch has turned into hay piles. They seem to love it right now, but should I remove some?
Mine have done the same i left it they ate it so i didn't have to remove any

Are you using fresh mowed grass clippings? I've never done this. I will have to!

Back
Top Bottom