He finally did it

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Suess hens, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    My rooster started his crowing this morning.
    He sounded like an injured animal, but he started.
    I didn't even hear him inside. I went out onto our sun porch to grab something and that is when I heard him. I went out and secretly watched him. He was so cute. Now, I have to convince my husband of the same thing. He said he had no problems as long as he doesnt' wake him up...well, I couldn't hear him this morning so things are lookin' good for Pass Out the rooster.

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    My son said the same thing about our rooster. As long as he doesnt wake him up he wont become chicken soup lol. Its really cute when they first start crowing. Of course I could be a little partial. I think I have the greatest chickens in the world [​IMG]

3. galag

galag Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2008
    Oh when our rooster first started, it sounded like he had been hit by a truck. It sounded awful. When he finally did start crowing right, I took a big deep breath. I'm new to the chicken scene and thought at first we had a bad rooster.

4. momofdrew

momofdrew Chillin' With My Peeps

They start off quiet but do get better at it as they get more practice...

5. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    This is so funny to read! Why did I think that roos just naturally knew how to crow and didn't need practice or "maturity" to become good at it.

You learn something everyday! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by