He Hears Even Our Unspoken Thoughts.

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
Many times I spend my time in the garden just thinking about different things, sometimes I pray, and just talk with the Holy One.

Last Friday, I was just thinking, "Hey, in all the years I have lived here I have never seen a frog or a toad in the garden." In the summer, we have Colorado River Tosds that come above ground after the rains. Usually near streambeds that quickly dry up after the rain. I live a few blocks away from a rather large river/stream that flows from the mountians, only when it rains though.

In thirty years, I have never seen a toad in my yard.

The very next morning, there on the back patio, to my great surprise was.... you guessed it... a small Colorado River Toad!

100210Toademaillighter.jpg

I haven't seen him again. Which is fine, because they secrete a toxin if picked up by a preditor. I wouldn't want Spartacus to get sick.

I did think it was interesting that my rather off handed thought, was 'answered' the very next morning.

Last edited:
I was in Bible study one evening singing along with the opening hymns. I was having a pity day and thought to myself, "I wish I was a good singer". I love to sing, but it certainly falls under the joyful noise category. When we finished singing and were sitting down, the woman next to me leaned over, pointed to the page and said, "You sang that note so well!". Indeed, God hears and He has a really great sense of humor.
smile.png

This has happened to me! A while back I was listening to client telling me how she found a cockatiel in her yard. I thought of how I rescued birds since I was a kid and never had a domesticated bird fly in my yard, and thought how nice it would be to have two parakeets. A week later while helping the hubby unload a trailer of hay two parakeets zipped about eating the seed from the hay. They stayed the afternoon so I caught them with a pool net and have them to this day. I love parakeet chatter in the morning. I'll have to think about how I would love to have a few chickens and see what happens!

I was having a very rough day at work last year...in & out of the office, for one reason or another, every 5 minutes. I was ready to pull out my hair, stressing out over how busy it was & the fact that it seemed as though I was being pulled in every direction imaginable. On one particular trip back into the office to catch my breath, I picked up a piece of paper I saw on the floor. It was folded in half, so I opened it and read the words on it. I almost cried. And it calmed me down so much! To this day I have no idea who did it, but whenever I start to get that stressed out again, I just think of those words and recite them to myself.
What were those words that had such an impact on me? Someone had taken the time to write "The Lord's Prayer."
I keep it tucked away with other items that mean a lot to me.

I had a similar experience a few years ago.
We were starting our day and on the early morning news was a story about how the humane society was so full of cats they were out of room and starting to put them in carriers in a back room, they were making every effort to adopt them out but not fast enough and were going to be forced to start euthanizing the less adoptable ones. They showed the cages full of the poor cats and I teared up a bit and commented to my husband, lets go get another cat (we had two kittens at the time). He said," If I come home and you have gone and gotten another cat I am going to drop you off at the humane society!!!" Ha HA.

I took him to work and as I was pulling into the driveway back home, I was still thinking about the cats and I thought to myself I just wish there was something I could do...

Around noontime he calls me and says, quickly," You've got to come get me! Hurry up, get down here now!" So I get in the car and fly down to his job site thinking something horrible has happened to him. I drive in the yard and he starts over to the car with this grimace on his face like he is in terrible pain, hunched over, clutching his left arm over his right, which was underneath his shirt. I am thinking the worst... I said to him," Oh my goodness hun what did you do!! Nearly in tears...and he pulls his hand out from under his shirt and....
In the palm of his hand was a tiny, fluffy grey kitten!!!!!!
All morning while they were working they could hear a kitten crying. They stopped and looked several times, and finally found her in a pile of rubber to be recycled. He couldnt believe it, given our conversation that very morning!
She was two weeks old and nothing but fluff and bones, she didn't weigh more than a bird. I dont know how she was even alive. I took her home and nursed her with a bottle, and had a wonderful experience raising her. She has grown into a beautiful Maine Coon.
Here's my "gift from heaven" Coolie snoozing with my GSD Hercules.
47962_dscn1162.jpg

Back
Top Bottom