He Popped the Question!!!! *Pic of the ring enclosed*

Iowa Roo Mom

Resistance Is Futile
11 Years
Apr 30, 2009
Keokuk County
SO did it! He bit the bullet and proposed last Sunday! I took him to the St. Louis Arch on the way home from Arkansas (since he had never been and I have been there [more than 10 years ago]) Of course, I am terrified of heights so I start panicking while we were standing in line for tickets to the top. I really, really didn't want to go, but he told me while we were standing there that if I did go up with him, he would make it "worth my while". So, I crammed my big ol butt on the tram to the top with 4 other people. Once we got up there, I crept along the side wall, never looking out a window (it's 630 feet up in the air you know). He asked me to look out the window, and I reluctantly agreed, and when I turned back around he says, "You know how I told you before we got up here that if you came up with me I would make it worth your while?" *insert awkward silence here* This is the part where he gets down on one knee and asks the BIG QUESTION, right there in front of God and 80 or so other people that were there that day! I start sobbing like a baby (and say YES, of course) and everyone is cheering and clapping! What an awesome way to end our vacation!!!

Also, I might add, the best day of my life thus far!!!

PS- The big day is October 4, 2014. Here's a pic of the ring...

ya.gif
Congratulations to you! Beautiful ring and a very sweet proposal story.

Back
Top Bottom