savvyc95

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
My duckling is a five week old mallard, the older she gets the more she does this little head bob thing like bobbing up and down, it's super cute but what does it mean?

savvyc95

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
She is an only duck, I'm working on getting a call duck, she's very sweet and little so I don't want a larger duck that could push her around, they are hard to find around where I live. But yay okay so she just likes me:)) woohoo I'm a good mommy, I was worried it was a threat or something like she was scared

savvyc95

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 2, 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
Awww yaaaay:) she's very smart and very spoiled so I hope she feels the love:) she is very aware of who mommy is too I was the first thing she saw and I take care if her and give get all my attention. I take her everywhere I can to stimulate her and keep her happy plus it's good to keep her social with people other than just me, so I'm very glad that its a happy gesture:))

slumpyducks

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
I've got three Abacot Rangers who were 4 weeks old when they came here and they have always done it, I think there are variations though - the girls will bob up and down in greeting, or when they are reunited after a panicky five seconds apart, but recently they've started to bob only to the left with a little dance when they are waddling around with the boy. They are getting on for six months old now and a delight to have, even if it was accidental and has wrecked my garden :D

Top Bottom