Head Cold Need help

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickabator, Nov 18, 2009.

1. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    Does anyone know what to use to get all this junk out of my head? I have to watch what meds I take cause of BP diabeties and heart so alot of over the counter meds I cant take. I have been suffering with my sinuses for almost 2 months now and I can not taste a thing. I want to be able to taste my food for thanksgiving, I cant even taste salt. (which Im not suppose to eat) everything is either just hot or cold nothing else. Food makes me gag cause I cant taste it. HELP

2. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    I like the Walmart brand Dayquil sinus meds. No pseudoephedrine, and it's non-drowsy. Or, you might try generic Claritin. I use the Walmart brand on that, too, and it usually clears my head. Not sure how those meds would interact with your specific medical conditions, but you could check into it. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
  3. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    See your doctor, with high BP do not self medicate.

4. jadeflower999

jadeflower999 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Vancouver, Washington
    2 months is to long to have these symptoms. You need antibiotics.

5. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    I was going to say the same thing, you have an infection, and need antibiotics!
    Call you Dr and ask what he would recommend, since you have other health issues,
    he can tell you what is best and safe for you.
    I hope you kick it soon!

6. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    thats what I figured. I didnt want to have to go but I know I need too. this has been going on too long now. stupid how it happed too. I went to walmart and just had to go to the bathroom, and on my way into the stall a woman came out and coughed right in my face didnt even cover her mouth, I stopped and went and washed my face but I guess I breathed it in already. 2 days later I was all clogged up. So people please cover your mouth when you cough.(lol)

7. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Quote:EWW! [​IMG] That happened to me once at my old job. A girl coughed in my face, and a couple days later I was sick, and I was sick for about two months, too. Man, people are GROSS!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. chickabator

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    yep it is discusting. I go around with purell in my purse and I am constantly washing my hands what am I suppose to do put the purell up my nose? (I think that would burn like heck) my poor head is so full of junk like glue. and I wish I could taste something . My dd gave me a peice of dentine gum this morning and all I could feel was a hot cool sensation and that gum is strong, I cant even smell vicks or halls cough drops. now DH is getting it. and trust me I havent coughed on him or let alone breath on him. I even wash our dishes in clorox water!! and go with lysol in hand spraying everything.

9. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Sinus remedy
    3 cloves garlic
    yellow onion
    horseradish root (use 1/2)
    ginger root (use 1/2)

In food processor add all ingredients. All apple cider vinegar (about 1/2 cup). Stir. Take teaspoon full. Chew as long as possible. However, do NOT swallow, spit this out.

This is called hell in a jar. I have never tried it but will if needed. LOL

10. trilyn

trilyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    You could always use a neti pot for your sinuses, definitely safe for hbp and diabetes. But get to the doc asap, you don't want a plugged up holiday!! lol Yeah, people can be really nasty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by