Heading to store quick, need advice

unix_micki

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 12, 2011
They have ivermectin and safeguard for dewormers, which one is better or one of each?? I am going to try it in their water for 3 days.

Thx

Is the ivermectin injectable a lot more expensive than the paste?

Safeguard gets more worms than invermectin. Yes, injectible is more expensive than paste. You can't put paste in the water and I have no idea if you can worm properly with it in the water, either, since you can't control the dose with each bird. There is invermectin pour on that you put on their skin, which is very easy and about $18 for a good size bottle.

Quote:
is there a safeguard injectible? or just ivermectin?

it is hard because i have 40 hens....

Quote:
is there a safeguard injectible? or just ivermectin?

it is hard because i have 40 hens....

Have never seen safeguard injection....just paste in a tube.

Ive read when treating chickens, Take a 1 inch strip and put it in hot water and let it sit overnight. Then pour the womer water into a 1 gallon waterer and fill up. Then give them that for 3 days. I did that on my new OEGB I purchased, just as a precaution.

Quote:
Where did you get the pour on??

I just called the feed store and they are out of ivermectin inj and no safeguard inj only paste??

Should I get the safeguard paste and treat the birds tonight or wait?? I can see worms in poo so need to act quickly.

Dosage for the safeguard paste is a "pea" size given orally to each chicken. Put it on a small piece of bread and give it that way. Keep them seperated when you do this, worm them one at a time or they will steal each others bread. Then you'll never know which ones got wormed. Redose them again in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom