Heart breaking day on the farm...

My asshole neighbor didn't like the sweet crowing of my Rooster as he worked nights & slept days. When I got up one morning the coop gate was wide open (it's always locked) and all my chickens & rooster were ravaged by coyotes. I would have shot the Coyotes but I draw the line at humans.

I looked vigorously into my legal rite and everything says I can kill it but I hate killing thing I don’t hunt or fish super empathetic to animals but if I don’t deal with it he’s just gunna keep killing me babies I can’t have that.I suppose we will see what the”officials do about it tomorrow if anything at all,If nothin is don’t I’ll shoot em all since there’s like a pack of let god sort out.its just eating me alive at the moment.
I'm sorry for what happened. I was attacked by my neighbors dog while walking with my young daughter animal control took it away for 10 days and all the court did was fine the owner. The dog was deemed vicious and has house rules but nothing else was done.

My elegant beautiful sweet bantams and little ducks were slaughtered about three hours ago by and neighbors wild ,dirty ,cruel dog....it’s really hurt me deeply and I want this seamlessly senseless act of cruelty to be answered for guess I’m just wanting some comfort and if possible a little info on deal with this mutt and if I can end it’s life legally ,any kind words and info would be greatly appreciated ,thanks to all the BYC members.
When my neighbors dogs came and killed one of mine, I told them if the dogs ever come back, I’ll shoot them. Protecting my property... dogs have been contained since then.

I have ne relationship with them I just try to mind my business they don’t keep there hard cut or house clean and the herd of ferial dogs the call pets have been running creek for months killing my grandmas cats I tried no lethal ways of keep them away and it word for months and I got up to feed and they were dead all over the yard and the dog was still trapped trying to kill my game rooster in the pen and tried to bite me ,they do not care about these start muttts that roam the yard and .... just filled with anger and hurt just trying to not start a fight and get law enforcement envolved I contacted themand animal control after it happend I just don’t think they will solve the problem idk I don’t mean to sound like a cry baby but it’s got me really ****ed up I knew some support from the members might help thanks for yalls reply means a lot in the time.
Sorry to hear this about your flock...if one of these dogs tried or bit you surely you have grounds for a report of a dangerous dog? These dangerous dogs who attack people ( even a threat) can be impounded And destroyed if dangerous.

My elegant beautiful sweet bantams and little ducks were slaughtered about three hours ago by and neighbors wild ,dirty ,cruel dog....it’s really hurt me deeply and I want this seamlessly senseless act of cruelty to be answered for guess I’m just wanting some comfort and if possible a little info on deal with this mutt and if I can end it’s life legally ,any kind words and info would be greatly appreciated ,thanks to all the BYC members.
Check with your local animal control. That is considered aggressive behavior and the dog should be picked up and at the very least quarantined and the owner fined. It will also be on report so that if it happens again any where around you, the animal will be put down. You can also sue him in civil court. Not much help for the emotions and hurt you are feeling, but will make the neighbor control his dog.

sorry for your loss, that's terrible. unfortunately the dog is doing what instinct tells it to but the owners aren't doing what they should be doing by letting them at large. authorities being involved are a good thing. load your weapon and take care of the animal yourself. as a previous comment stated, if got you, your lives may be in danger if it (or if they) come back around. don't trust that the neighbors will do the right thing. fool proofing the pen (if that was the issue) should help prevent another situation. wish I could say something to help console the pain. I love mine too and I would be very hurt also.

I have traps set around my chicken coop and run to hopefully catch anything trying to get to my chickens. of course that won’t work if you are free ranging. Don’t know what your situation is

That's so incredibly sad. I hope you get a resolution soon. I've felt that loss and it's visceral. I feel that the owners should be held responsible because even if you destroy the dogs, they will most likely replace them with more if the root of the problem isn't addressed. I would call the PD and a lawyer. Irresponsible pet owners are the worst kind. Your babies and you deserve peace.

I don’t believe you can legally end his life . You maybe able to go to court and be reimbursed for your hens and ducks and may also receive compensation for pain/suffering. None of that takes away the loss of your babies. I’m so sorry , heartfelt sorry , for your loss. If it were me I’d get a paintball gun and shoot him every chance you had. It hurts terribly but won’t kill him . He’ll never see it coming just like they didn’t .

In NY, maybe not, since they are so strict on gun control, but in the rest of the country, there are laws on the books that gives the authority to livestock owners to shoot predators, no matter what type they are, to protect their livestock if the predator comes on the property and attempts or succeeds in harming the livestock, INCLUDING two-legged predators (as in humans). It behooves everyone who owns livestock to investigate the laws in their states and be informed.

SOOOOO very sorry for your loss...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom