Heartbroken after losing 75+ birds, 2 turkeys, & 10 ducks.

A pack of coyotes, could be. Usually even in a pack they kill for food. Grabbing what they can and running off. Have you actually seen this pack? I'm wondering if they haven't interbred with some feral dogs. That would give you a whole new set of circumstances. With that many losses at once, I would contact your DNR for help and to at least notify them that there are mass livestock killings in your area. They may be able to help.

We would all like to help you figure out the predator proofing.
We need more details though.

What is the coop made of?
What is the run made of?
Is there a roof of wire or solid material on the run?
Can you add hot wire around it?
(It comes in solar powered too)

Such a devastating loss! I am so sorry.

We would all like to help you figure out the predator proofing.
We need more details though.

What is the coop made of?
What is the run made of?
Is there a roof of wire or solid material on the run?
Can you add hot wire around it?
(It comes in solar powered too)

Such a devastating loss! I am so sorry.

We have buried railroad ties around the outside run to deter animals from digging in.
A metal frame from an old trampoline rounds out one area.
Aviary netting, of course.
As I said, hardware cloth was skimped on.
It's hard for a man to listen to a woman when he is building it.

So sorry for your loss! I agree with your theory that it was most likely multiple coyotes to cause so much devastation in a single night. if it were me, (and in an area to do so safely) in addition to traps and extra security measures, I would put out some bait, pull up my predator call and do a couple all-nighters with my 12ga or predator rifle and thin out the predator population!

So sorry for your loss! I agree with your theory that it was most likely multiple coyotes to cause so much devastation in a single night. if it were me, (and in an area to do so safely) in addition to traps and extra security measures, I would put out some bait, pull up my predator call and do a couple all-nighters with my 12ga or predator rifle and thin out the predator population!

I'm definitely out for blood.

Back
Top Bottom