Heartbroken...Lost my girl :-(

Calichicken2015

Songster
Apr 24, 2015
San Bernardino Mountains, CA
Hi!
I wanted to take the time to post on this thread and say THANK YOU to everyone who has provided me with advice and support for my hen..Peep
smile.png
Unfortunately we lost her on Tuesday night..she had a case of ascites that she just could not overcome. We took her to the vet twice this month to be drained...but the second time her health took a turn for the worst
sad.png
Our vet did everything she could to help Peep...tube fed her to try and get nutrition and some meds, but she was just too weak. It was truly her time to leave us. I am thankful that she did not suffer...slept most of the time and let us hold and comfort her. I was fortunate to have the ability to be home with her throughout this 4 day ordeal and care for her until the end! And now she is free of all illness!

I joined BYC when I hatched her in my classroom...almost 4 years ago because she stole my heart and I just couldn't let her go! She became our house chicken...and she gave us 4 years of love, laughter and joy! She is the first hen I ever kept and so this site was a great resource for information on raising hens. as well as helping in times of distress!!!

So THANK YOU BYC community for helping us learn about the chicken world! Having Peep opened our hearts to chickens FOREVER!!!! Rest in peace sweet girl! We truly miss you!!!

Back
Top Bottom