Heartbroken

TN Chick Mom

Chirping
Apr 25, 2022
My Daisy Lou, our olive Egger, died in my arms tonight. She layed yesterday and was the first one out into their play yard today when I let them out midday. When I went down after work, she didn't come greet me with the others. She was standing with her beak a little open and would gingerly peck at the ground. I put out fresh grit and she ate a bit then layed down underneath it while the other girls sloshed it all over her. I rushed her inside and within 10 minutes, she was gone.

Our coop and run are like fort Knox. I cannot believe in a span of a few hours she went from fine to gone. Just shy of 1 year old.

Absolutely heartbroken.

My Daisy Lou, our olive Egger, died in my arms tonight. She layed yesterday and was the first one out into their play yard today when I let them out midday. When I went down after work, she didn't come greet me with the others. She was standing with her beak a little open and would gingerly peck at the ground. I put out fresh grit and she ate a bit then layed down underneath it while the other girls sloshed it all over her. I rushed her inside and within 10 minutes, she was gone.

Our coop and run are like fort Knox. I cannot believe in a span of a few hours she went from fine to gone. Just shy of 1 year old.

Absolutely heartbroken.
I'm so very, very sorry. :(

We have a Ft Knox coop too, and had our first loss due to some type of reproductive issue when our chicken was 7 months old. No warning, we just went out one day and she was gone. Sweetie was our favorite, sweetest chicken. She was a buff orpington, and supposed to be one of our longer lived chickens. I don't think you're ever ready to lose them.

Absolutely heartbroken.
So sorry!! My thoughts are with you!

Back
Top Bottom