Heat Lamp started fire! Warning!! Learn from my mistake!

Staceyfeindt

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 27, 2009
Virginia
I just have to report this to you all, so you do not make the same mistake as I did! I Just had a new coop built. We have had a huge snowstorm here in VA and in preperation I put the heat lamp that I used all through their lives into the coop. It was the clamp on kind. I did not secure it other than clamping it down. In their old coop I had it attatched via a zip tie. Well they must have knocked it down while I was away for the day...I came back to a massive fire. Of course no survivors, the entire structure burned down to almost nothing. If it wasn't for all the snow I would have lost my house as well. Sad , Sad day. Please don't make the same mistake I did.

hit.gif
Oh my god, we am so sorry, we know what that feels like.
hit.gif

Oh man we am truly sorry this happen to you.
hugs.gif

Rest in peice babys.

Last edited:
Oh My Gosh! I am SO very sorry for your losses! Thank you for warning the rest of us!! Bless your heart, if I had any of those kinds you want I would give them to you! SO SO SORRY!

Lucky it did not hit your house and you and your family were not there.

Same here, if you get settled with an incubator, and when my girls start laying i will send you some eggs, free.

again i am so sorry, we just went through this a few months ago, and we know the feeling of loosing the babys to such a tragidy.
And we got so much support from fellow BYCers, so this will be my chance to pay it forward.
Let me know if you are interested , when my girls start to lay we want you to be the fisrt my list.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank goodness it didn't reach your house b/c of the snow.I wish you luck on a successful new start.
hugs.gif

I nearly burned my coop down about six years ago because hubby didn't secure it and it fell down when one of the older birds decided to get into the brooder. Luckily I had survivors but many of them didn't make it. Lost about half of my Faverolle flock.

Incrediblely sorry you lost so much! Our friend lost his racing pigeon loft the same way! He was there and could still do nothing to save his birds.it was a very fast fire!
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom