Heat too high

MissKat29

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2018
Southern
I am about to start incubating our eggs... (new to this)..
However my temp is sitting at about 110 and the humidity is blow 20...

How do I correct this?

I am about to start incubating our eggs... (new to this)..
However my temp is sitting at about 110 and the humidity is blow 20...

How do I correct this?
First considerstion is have you calibrated the thermometer to verify the reading? Are you relying solely on the thermometer/hydrometer that came withthe incubator? What brand and model is the incubator, or is it a homemade?

the thermometer was calibrated... It was bought brand new a few days ago..

and I have no clue what the incubator is.. I got it from a local farmer... they did not know either and they had it stored away for several years...

the thermometer was calibrated... It was bought brand new a few days ago..

and I have no clue what the incubator is.. I got it from a local farmer... they did not know either and they had it stored away for several years...
Bought brand new does not mean it is accurate.....calibration is something you do yourself to verify how accurate the reafings are so you can adjust accordingly in using it.

Hi there,
I am guessing you have a styrofoam type incubator with a thermostat wafer (the coppery metal disk).
You mentioned the incubator is a few years old.
The thermostat wafer just might need to be replaced. It's quite possible it is worn out.
I suggest trying to find the model of your incubator, it should say somewhere in to outside. You should google it and find some instructions on how to adjust temp and humidity.
You will most likely need to add water to it somewhere. There should be a place to put warm water like a plastic tray.

Back
Top Bottom