Heated Dog Bowl w/ Plastic Fountain?

Ok, but couldn't you just set the fountain inside the bowl to a ensure clean quantity of water?

I doubt you can find a fountain that will fit inside the bowl well enough to work well​

Last year I took my heated birdbath and re-purposed it. Put the plastic fountain in it and set it on a couple of bricks so the plug, under the bird bath. I will use it again this year as it was a near perfect set up. The only thing that would be better is if the "fountain" could be heated! Hope this thought helps.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Im anxious to know this as well, would be nice to get straight answers instead of everything else. I have been trying to find the answer to this very question, can you put a small water font in the dog dish!

The fountain is high up in the air and will likely freeze, at least in our constant sub zero climate. I just set a shallow pail (ice cream bucket) into the dog dish. The bottom of the bucket is in direct contact with the bottom of the dog dish. It just, just keeps it from freezing, down to about -5. After that, at -20, a skim of ice will form on the top of the little bucket, but it is easy to break and the birds even learn to do that for themselves.

There's no added humidity. The heater doesn't boil the water into some kind of vaporous state. It barely keeps it from freezing, that is all.

Back
Top Bottom