Heavy breathing and pasty butt... need help!

NicoleeeOh

Hatching
Sep 1, 2022
Hello!

I have two baby bantam silkies. They both seem very active and healthy. Drinking and eating just fine. One of them is has been chirping when it poops. It looked like it was starting to get pasty butt, so if course, I've been on top of it. Today, I have watched him (I really think it's a rooster lol) poop twice with no chirping/sign of discomfort. HUGE victory! Lol..... but he looks like he's breathing really fast. His mouth isn't open but you can see him breathing quickly around his beak. Also, you can see it from his butt. His vent isn't opening and shutting like crazy, but his little butt is pulsing as fast as his breathing. I have been using electrolytes and probiotics in their water. Sometimes I think I hear clicking but not enough for me to say for sure. I don't wanna lose this little babe. He's active, drinking and eating. Not lethargic at all. Honestly, he just seems as anxious as myself!!! Lol! Should I be worried about respiratory infection? Is there anything else I can do??? Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom